Global Mandarin is a new digital media platform by Radio Free Asia that aims to inform and engage with young Mandarin-speaking audiences around the world. As it gears up to begin delivering independent information that presents various perspectives on subjects important to its audiences, Global Mandarin is currently seeking dynamic and motivated professionals skilled in the planning, preparation, and production of motion graphics and animated video projects to join its team and help it fulfill its mission by producing creative, polished, and engaging online multimedia content. This position will be based in Washington, DC; Hong Kong; or Taipei.
- Designing and producing motion graphics, 2D and 3D animated videos from scratch, including pitching original concepts, developing storyboards and treatment books, and final cut.
- As a member of the video team, work with the producers to create strong visual elements for stand-alone projects or video series.
- Planning video projects from story development, research, and proposal to production, and drawing upon strong creative skills to explore new trends and approaches to video storytelling.
- Editing video at a level consistent with an understanding of basic video editing concepts and strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly in Premiere and After Effects.
- Delivering clean, clear, and creative final product packages, including final videos, promotional videos and short descriptions, finalized scripts for web, as well as thumbnails in different formats tailored for different platforms and user groups.
- Work with the editorial and design teams to create Instagram stories, post entries, images, graphics and videos that enable effective, engaging storytelling in the social space.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong experience working with Adobe Creative Suite to build animations and motion graphics from scratch.
- Demonstrated experience in motion graphics or animation in a deadline-driven environment (at least one year full-time experience in a media company preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency in video editing and ability to edit first rough cuts drawing upon all available visual and audio means, including infographic design, data presentation, music, and sound effects.
- Academic credentials (Bachelor's degree in computer animation, fine arts, graphic design or related field from an accredited college or university preferred) or equivalent transferable skills showing ability to produce compelling animated visuals.
- Knowledge and understanding of current political, economic and social conditions in China and surrounding countries.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in evaluating and presenting news.
- Experience managing social media platforms for news/media outlets and knowledge of and ability to utilize online media in creative and innovative ways and to adapt to new technologies as they evolve.
- Strong general computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Required language skills: Spoken and written fluency in Mandarin and working proficiency in English.
How to Apply:
Submit portfolio (link to web-based portfolio preferred) along with résumé with cover letter referencing "Motion Graphic Designer-Producer, Global Mandarin" in subject line via e-mail to email@example.com.
Global Mandarin is a new digital platform administrated by Radio Free Asia (RFA). RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the US as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.